Clan DBGT 2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James' ideas for future updates

+2
Kyoshi
James
6 posters

Go down

James' ideas for future updates Empty James' ideas for future updates

Post  James Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:01 pm

I have a couple of ideas that could be implemented fairly quickly into future versions...

I'd like to put in a SAFE ZONE in each town. A safe zone would likely be a building where nobody could kill the other person. However, I think an area in these buildings could be designated to sparring. This would allow for friendly competition and sharpening a player's battle skills.

An area like that would also allow for open trading and getting to know your fellow players.

I believe in the next patch I am also going to completely remove the old HUD. The Powerlevel / Ki / experience bars will stay. I'm going to be researching BYOND 4.0s HUD capabilities and possibly working with Rem / another animator for getting something like this implemented into clan. I think BYOND 4.0s HUD system can also scale to fit screen sizes. If anyone knows of BYOND materials that relate to this, please let me know.

Thanks,
James

James
Admin

Back to top Go down

James' ideas for future updates Empty Re: James' ideas for future updates

Post  Kyoshi Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:03 pm

Wow nice idea's

Kyoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dermon Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:04 pm

This would be a nice idea, but alot of players would just run and hide here if they were being chased by a higher level player, and higher level players usually don't chase the weaker players around unless they do something to an alt or tick them off over wsay, that's the only downside I can see to the safe zone idea.

Maybe add a timer if you've recently been in combat you can't go inside or something.
Dermon
Dermon

http://www.myspace.com/jonroywalker

Back to top Go down

Post  James Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:07 pm

Dermon wrote:This would be a nice idea, but alot of players would just run and hide here if they were being chased by a higher level player, and higher level players usually don't chase the weaker players around unless they do something to an alt or tick them off over wsay, that's the only downside I can see to the safe zone idea.

Maybe add a timer if you've recently been in combat you can't go inside or something.

I see what you are saying. Honestly, it can work the other way around too. High level players bully low level players quite a bit. This could prove as an escape route if absolutely necessary.

James
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dermon Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:10 pm

James wrote:
Dermon wrote:This would be a nice idea, but alot of players would just run and hide here if they were being chased by a higher level player, and higher level players usually don't chase the weaker players around unless they do something to an alt or tick them off over wsay, that's the only downside I can see to the safe zone idea.

I see what you are saying. Honestly, it can work the other way around too. High level players bully low level players quite a bit. This could prove as an escape route if absolutely necessary.

Very true, and the lower level players need another place to go other than a gravity chamber to be completely safe from harms way.
Dermon
Dermon

http://www.myspace.com/jonroywalker

Back to top Go down

Post  KeiroShiba Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:03 pm

This could all work wonderfully, I was actually thinking about making a spar only budo ring when I remake east city, or I suppose I could slap it on the new world map, but that would be a little sloppy and I doubt Id do that. Currently in east town there is a budo ring.. if you wanna call it that but it would be the same principles basically. As for the HUD.. honestly I HATE it and always turn it off when I make a new character, in this game you need to be able to see whats comin at you from every side and it blocks a large portion of the screen. Altho however I would like it if the "saga tab" would automatically be on when you start your character or just be added to your "statistics tab", it already has basic saga info, why not just eliminate the middle man and have it tell you whats up? this way you can watch your stats as you watch the sagas % when your fighting them. and as mentioned before screen size options.. well basically your screen size setting should save with your character so you dont always have to reset it.
KeiroShiba
KeiroShiba
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Krasuar Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:33 am

Dermon wrote:Maybe add a timer if you've recently been in combat you can't go inside or something.

While on the subject of timers. Senzu bean use during combat should have a timer so you can't use it for x amount of time after taking damage.

Krasuar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Hibiki Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:33 pm

These have got to be the worst suggestions I've ever read. I hope your mother doesn't access the internet, because you may be familyless after this.

God, please save this ignorant sheep for trying to guide this game into eternal damnation.

Thank you

Dan Hibiki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down