Clan DBGT 2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Pixel" art society

2 posters

Go down

"Pixel" art society Empty "Pixel" art society

Post  Dinner Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:12 pm

As a pixel artist i have been visiting the old pixel art society for quite some time now.
I know that there are a lot of people on clan that would like to make icons, or improve their current work.
the pixel art society could surely use some more people and I would like to see some peole that i know in that guild.

It is a great place to learn how to make pixel art, so for those of you who wish to learn how to make guild items and such. search through their links and tutorials !

I hope ya'll come by for atleast once and look around, and maybe even learn a thing or two about pixel art or art in general.

http://www.byond.com/members/PixelArt

Last edited by Dinner on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typoes)
Dinner
Dinner

Back to top Go down

"Pixel" art society Empty Re: "Pixel" art society

Post  Neblim Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:04 pm

Not to bash the Pixel art society guild or anything, but I find much more skilled artists roam areas outside of byond and still can be applied to byond. A good community I recommend if you are serious about pixel art:

http://pixelation.wayofthepixel.net/

You will get great feedback on how to go about advancing your skills in pixel art there.

Remember, reading only gets you so far. Practicing is what actually advances your skill. Hope you all learn how to become better artists, it's a nice way to express yourselves.

Neblim

Back to top Go down

"Pixel" art society Empty Reply

Post  Dinner Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:12 pm

I, on purpose left out sites such as pixelation and pixeljoint because they are being linked to on PAS.

Besides, those who truly are serious with their pixelart probally already searched for sites like pixelation and pixeljoint.

For those who start i believe PAS is better than pixelation/pixeljoint. the byond community tends to be less cruel to you when something is not up to their standards.
Dinner
Dinner

Back to top Go down

Post  Neblim Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:51 am

I'm not sure where constructive criticism (the basis of pixelation) lies with cruelty. If you don't learn through it, you won't get far. And that's not a goal to hope for if you are serious about it. You don't even have to participate/show case anything. Just flipping through people's work and how they improved it with critics and comments still teaches you things how to go about your work. Of course, you'll still need to practice those techniques they used.

I don't know anything about Byond's Pixel Art society, so I won't criticize it. However, the Byond community usually speaks for itself when it comes to professionalism....

Neblim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum